Operations & Support for Health and Public Service Integrations
TransFirst offers a full package of essential services and a range of exclusive payment processing products with each of our health and public service integrations partnership programs.
Critical and beneficial operations offered by TransFirst include:
- Terminal Authorizations and Settlement: TransFirst uses three front-end providers for transaction authorization and capture, as well as our own proprietary gateway.
- Merchant Funding: Settled batches are processed and submitted to the card associations or companies for next day funding; merchant funding is submitted to the Federal Reserve the next afternoon, with funds typically available in the merchant’s DDA within two business days.
- Liability: TransFirst assumes all liability for your merchants. TransFirst can customize liability options that best fit the needs of your institution.
- Risk Management: TransFirst monitors daily activity with 24 merchant-specific factors to uncover potentially fraudulent credit and debit card transactions; extensive reporting is available to merchants on a monthly basis.
- Merchant Application and Credit Review: Credit decisions on completed applications received by 12 noon MST will be made the same day. TransFirst assumes liability for your portfolio at no cost.
- Merchant Statements: TransFirst mails statements on approximately the 5th business day of each month and debits merchants on the 10th business day of each month. Your institution’s name and address are printed on statements and space is available for custom messages. Electronic statements are also available.
- Chargebacks: TransFirst handles all credit card transaction retrieval requests; we will contact your merchant within 24 hours of such a request. If the chargeback is valid, TransFirst will notify the merchant four calendar days prior to debiting the merchant account.
- TransLink: TransFirst’s proprietary web-based reporting tool helps both the financial institution and its merchants manage payment transactions through a variety of comprehensive reports, available 24/7.
TransFirst’s support is second to none and includes:
- Partner Sales Support: Our in-house partner sales support team can work with you to maximize new customer acquisition and current customer retention.
- Support Team: TransFirst will assign the following individuals to assist you and your clients:
- Portfolio Manager: This team leader works with you to develop marketing plan, participates in calls to key merchant prospects and provides ongoing training.
- Account Manager: Acts as a liaison between your institution and TransFirst Sales and is responsible for marketing, rate comparisons, special pricing requests and retention efforts.
- Client Relations Representative: Works with the Account Manager to service your institution’s day-to-day needs, including application processing, pricing and account maintenance.
- New Applications Representative: Performs checks on all merchant applications submitted.
- 24/7 Help Desk: Clients can call our tech experts toll free for assistance with communications, phone lines, equipment issues and error messages. These specialists have direct access to merchants’ electronic data capture systems.
- Product Support: TransFirst offers expert advice on product availability, technology and testing to determine which products best meet your clients’ needs.
- Training and Communication: We will provide training on program operations at our location or yours, with all necessary training manuals provided. You will receive a monthly informational newsletter and have access to a monthly product call regarding updated solutions and industry events.
The TransFirst Vision
At TransFirst, our vision is to help our health and public service integrations partners build a profitable, sustainable merchant portfolio that further strengthens their commercial relationships. If you’re ready to benefit from that vision, complete the form on this page and one of our trained consultants will contact you to take the next step.