Government organizations have enough to worry about these days — budget cuts, staff reductions, service cutbacks — without having to concern themselves with payment processing. TransFirst® delivers customized payment processing that integrates our industry-leading service with products and technologies that government employees can use now and well into the future.
Special Requirements of Governments
Government entities have special requirements that are very different from those of retailers. They benefit from streamlined processing in several areas, including:
- Public-sector interchange management
- Convenience fee management
- Special program registration management
- Invoice-only billing
- RFP and bid coordination
TransFirst understands these special needs and provides customized integrated payment processing solutions to meet them. We offer both online and point-of-sale (POS) solutions that are specifically tailored to clients in the public sector, including utility processing, court fee and fine collection, tax collection, transportation services, and licensing and permit collections.
Benefits for Government
TransFirst offers value benefits for governments, including:
- Convenience Fee Processing — TransFirst can assist municipalities by offering convenience fee processing via one of our processing partners, or by working with client staff to build a client-managed convenience fee program.
- Web Development — Many of TransFirst’s partners not only provide payment processing functionality, but they are also experts in website design and implementation.
- IVR — As payment processing has evolved, so has the demand for solutions that allow constituents easy methods for payments. IVR solutions have become a major component, and TransFirst’s partners offer IVR solutions that are tailored to the needs of clients.
- Electronic Billing and Statements — This value-added solution sends billing statements to constituents electronically, making the process faster, easier, more economical and environmentally friendly.
Benefits for Your Business
Highlights of TransFirst’s program that can benefit your business are:
- Hosted and web services API, including tokenization and recurring billing functionality
- Full-service solutions, including proprietary front-end and back-office processing
- One of the lowest partner and merchant attrition rates in the industry
- Unparalleled public service sector expertise, with hundreds of affiliates in our base
- Nearly 20 years in business, with more than 200,000 merchants and more than $48 billion in annual sales
Benefits for Your Clients
Your government clients will appreciate services that help them focus on their core operations. By teaming up with TransFirst, you can introduce them to payment processing services that can increase their efficiency, security and bottom line. We start with a free analysis of their current processing program** with the goal of saving them money, backed up by:
- Multiple payment options — including Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®†, Discover® and PayPal™ at the point of sale*, ACH and manual recurring payments — all consolidated under one funding account and statement
- 24/7, U.S.-based customer support — all day, all night, 365 days per year
- Automatic payment posting and daily account reports
- Gross deposits (fees charged monthly, not daily) for simple balancing and auditing
- Increased efficiency and faster checkout time through single-system use
- No need for dedicated point-of-sale equipment and phone lines
- No early termination fee
When you’re ready to align with TransFirst, complete the form on this page and a trained consultant will be in touch to get you started.
† Merchants eligible to accept American Express Cards directly through TransFirst are those that process less than $1,000,000 in American Express annual charge volume. Certain restrictions and exclusions may apply.
* PayPal acceptance only with PayPal payment card at the point of sale; no card-not-present transactions accepted.
** Pricing comparison applies to standard card organization fees only, not to include monthly terminal or software fees. All accounts subject to credit approval.
Trademarks are property of their registered owners and are not necessarily affiliated with TransFirst.
TransFirst, LLC is a registered ISO/MSP of: Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, CA and Synovus Bank, Columbus, GA for Visa and MasterCard transactions only.