Operations & Support for Association Partners
TransFirst®’s association partners receive a comprehensive package of operations and support services.
Operations services include:
- Terminal Authorizations and Settlement: TransFirst uses three front-end providers for transaction authorization and capture, as well as our own proprietary electronic gateway.
- Merchant Funding: Settled batches are processed and submitted to the card associations or companies for next-day funding; merchant funding is submitted to the Federal Reserve the next afternoon, with funds typically available in the merchant’s DDA within two business days.
- Liability: TransFirst assumes all liability for your associations and their members, and we can customize liability options that best fit their needs.
- Risk Management: TransFirst monitors daily activity with 24 merchant-specific factors to uncover potentially fraudulent credit and debit card transactions; extensive reporting is available to merchants on a monthly basis.
- Merchant Application and Credit Review: Credit decisions on completed applications received by 12 noon MST will be made the same day. TransFirst assumes liability for your portfolio at no cost.
- Merchant Statements: TransFirst mails statements on approximately the 5th business day of each month and debits merchants on the 10th business day of each month. Your institution’s name and address are printed on statements and space is available for custom messages. Electronic statements are also available.
- Chargebacks: TransFirst handles all credit card transaction retrieval requests; we will contact merchants within 24 hours of such a request. If the chargeback is valid, TransFirst will notify the merchant four calendar days prior to debiting the merchant account.
- TransLink: TransFirst’s proprietary web-based reporting tool helps both the association and its members manage payment transactions through a variety of comprehensive reports, available 24/7.
TransFirst’s support services include:
- Partner Sales Support: Our in-house partner sales support team can work with the association’s sales staff to maximize new acquisitions and current retention.
- Support Team: TransFirst will assign the following individuals to assist the association and its members:
- Portfolio Manager: This team leader works with you to develop marketing plan, participates in calls to key merchant prospects and provides ongoing training.
- Account Manager: Acts as a liaison between the association and TransFirst Sales and is responsible for marketing, rate comparisons, special pricing requests and retention efforts.
- Client Relations Representative: Works with the Account Manager to service the association’s day-to-day needs, including application processing, pricing and account maintenance.
- New Applications Representative: Performs checks on all merchant applications submitted.
- 24/7 Help Desk: Merchants can call our tech experts toll free for assistance with communications, phone lines, equipment issues and error messages. These specialists have direct access to merchants’ electronic data capture systems.
- Product Support: TransFirst offers expert advice on product availability, technology and testing to determine which products best meet your association’s needs.
- Training and Communication: We will train your staff on program operations at our location or yours, with all necessary training manuals provided. You will receive a monthly informational newsletter and have access to a monthly product call regarding updated solutions and industry events.
The TransFirst Vision
At TransFirst, our vision is to help our association partners build a profitable, sustainable merchant portfolio that further strengthens their commercial relationships. If you’re ready to benefit from that vision, complete the form on this page and one of our trained consultants will contact you to take the next step.